Did You Know? » Family Responsibility Office


All Orders for child and/or spousal support – at least initially – must be enforced by the Family Responsibility Office, commonly referred to as “FRO”.

If an order is made for child or spousal support, information about the support recipient and support payor must be provided to FRO.

Parties may withdraw from FRO enforcement provided that both the payor and the recipient execute and file a Notice of Withdrawal with respect to FRO enforcement.

Written Agreements in relation to child and/or spousal support may also be enforced by FRO if a copy of the Agreement is filed with the Court. Once an Agreement regarding support has been filed with FRO, parties may also file a Notice of Withdrawal to stop FRO from enforcing support and an order or Agreement may be re-filed with FRO even after the recipient and payor withdraw from FRO enforcement.

If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to speak to us. Do you need some assistance with your obligations for child or spousal support? We’re here to help – just ask.

Contact Us

DKGC logo

At DKGC LLP, we advocate for our clients and their rights.  It’s not just our duty, it’s also our privilege.